Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Newberry Monument volcanic cave


7-14-15 was the day that we were heading toward the caves and then we gotten lost so the cars stopped and all the teachers got out and started talking about directions to get to the caves. While the teachers were confused and trying to figure out how to get there sullyvan and I saw a huge rock so I and he went toward it. When we got toward to rock sullyvan and I climbed near the top and then Clinton caught us and told us to get down. So when we were making are way down both sully and I both fell off the rock but was able to catch our self and land on our feet. But when we got to the car the teachers were still talking so sully and I grabbed sticks and rocks and started hitting them around. Then finally we got back on the road to head to the cave and when we got there we had looked around at rocks that were a part of the volcanic explosion. Then after looking at the museum area we had gone into the movie area and watched a presentation about the volcano. Right after the movie we got to go for a quarter mile hike and saw a bunch of rocks that were also apart of the explosion. On our way down a lady said raise your hand if we saw the lavanous monster because in the mix of all the lava rocks there was a tree shaped into looking like the locknous monster. When we got to the cars after we had gotten to the cars we went to the caves and got a presentation about the cave before going in. After the presentation we had made our way into the cave, but at the mouth of the cave because of people smoking it smelt like weed. But right when we got to the sandy part of the cave my light had died and I could not see until sullyvan and Judy had caught up and I got to see what was in front of me. But before they came with the lights I tripped and fell 3 times. While we got to the end sullyvan and I had raced till one of us tripped and I had tripped at the beginning of the race because I stepped in a pot hole. But when we got back out of the cave we had all loaded up in the cars and had gotten back to camp to get ready for dinner. After dinner we all had gotten ready to go to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment